Sunday, February 17, 2008

Quilting Galore

I dug out a tote from the basement entitled "Unfinished Quilts". Inside I found no less than 7 quilt tops needing to be quilted.



Now quilting is generally not my favorite part, but I am excited about some of the tops because I forgot I made them. The first one I started is a really cute Winnie the Pooh baby boy quilt. I'm using lots of stars, swirls, and curlyques to quilt it.



Although it gave me such problems trying to quilt it the first time, that I quit and stuffed it away half finished. I'll admit it didn't start out so well this time either. After several broken threads and a snapped needle, I declared it was cursed and would kill the baby that it was bought for. That was late last night, I'm feeling a little more optimistic this morning.

2 comments:

JBTW said...

I thought of you this weekend when my mom & I were at a quilt show. I snapped pictures of some I really enjoyed. A few are featured on the blog... check them out. For a non-quilter, I was quite amazed, but you'd be a better judge. :)

Morgan said...

yippie for you and your beautiful quilts