Friday, February 22, 2008

Binding

I got the baby quilt actually quilted in a matter of hours. Now the annoying part is putting the binding on by hand, which will easily take me another couple of hours ( in addition to the two hours I've already spent binding) , but honestly, I feel there is no other way to do it. Using a machine always makes the edges a little wavy and you can see the stiches on the other side, and frankly, it just looks bad.

So it's kinds weird that it takes me longer to sew an edge on, than it took me to quilt the entire quilt. But when you have a blanket, what's the first thing to wear out? Right, the edges. So I feel it's worth the time to stitch by hand so that the edges will last as long as the rest of the blanket.

But man is it a pain in the a$$.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Im so proud of you!

I know you are cursing to high heaven as you stitch that!

JBTW said...

:) It's worth it!