Friday, March 13, 2009

Another Quilt Top fromThe Basement

Here's another quilt I finally got around to quilting. Why is it that piecing the top is so much more fun than quilting it?

The teddy bear theme was inspired by my sister-in-law who collects all things bear.

The color scheme was inspired by the teddy bear fabric. So you see it's all relative (no pun intended!)




I love the scrapiness of this quilt, There is something so satisfying about creating a quilt almost entirely out of left over fabrics.

I love knowing that I salvaged some scrap of fabric from the trash and made something functional and beautiful out of it.

Plus there is always the challenge of working an ugly fabric into a quilt and making it look way better than it did alone.

I guess that goes along with my philosophy of art as function and function as art. Or maybe I'm just a pioneer woman at heart, or I'm just cheap (my husband is nodding in the background).

Here is a link to the finsihed quilt in my Etsy shop if you'd like to see more photos. Scrappy Teddy Bear Quilt

No comments: